The University of Applied Forest Sciences (HFR) has recently been awarded several times because of its unique sustainable approach in academic high competitive teaching and research. It offers six academic bachelor and master programs, which are focused on investigation and management of natural resources and efficient renewable energy systems. Research is carried out in close collaboration with industry. The campus is home to more than 1000 students and the academic staff currently consists of 40 scientists.
The HFR research field can be divided into the main areas:
• Forest management and wood industry – technology, value added
• Biomass – logistics and conversion
• Rural areas – management and development
• Climate change – consequences and adaption
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Task leader of WP 2.1: Appliances and fuels